Exam Results 2020: Necta releases Form Four and Form Two results 2020
The National Examination Council of Tanzania (Necta) has today January 15, 2021 announced the 2020 Form Four examination results with the pass rate rising by 5.19 per cent compared to 2019.
According o the executive secretary Dr Charles Msonde. The pass rate in last year’s form four national examination results has increased by 5.19 percent compared to previous year’s results.
“A total of 373, 958 school candidates equivalent to 85.84 percent of the 434, 654 Form Four candidates have passed their examinations,” Said Dr Mhode.
Girls who passed are 193,672 equivalent to 85.44 percent and the boys are 180, 286 (86.27) percent. In 2019 340, 914 candidates equivalent to 80.65 percent of school candidates passed the exam.
Exam Results: NECTA ACSEE Results 2020/2021 – See Here
The number of candidates who achieved good grades in I-III grades is 152, 909 equivalent to 35.10 percent including 66, 899 girls (29.51percent) and 86,010 boys (41.17 percent).
“In 2019 the number of candidates who achieved these grades was 135,301 (32.01 percent). However, the quality of performance has increased by 3.09 percent,” said Dr Msonde.
In the examination, a total of 490, 213 candidates were registered for the Form Four examination including 258, 323 girls (52.70 percent) and 231,890 boys (47.30 percent). Of the 490,213 registered candidates, the school candidates were 448,220 and the independent candidates were 41,993.
Top 10 schools in 2020 – Private schools dominate
The council also announced top 10 schools in the exams that were held in November 2020. The schools that led are:
1. St. Francis Girls (90 students)- Mbeya
2. Ilboru (120 students)- Arusha
3. Canossa (102 students- Dar es Salaam
4. Kemebos (66 students)- Kagera
5. Bethel Sabs Girls (74 students)- Iringa
6. Feza Boys (73 students)- Dar es Salaam
7. Ahmes (65 students)- Coast.
8. St Aloysius Girls (80 students)- Coast
9. Marian Boys (154 students) – Coast
10. St. Augustine Tagaste (125 students) Dar es Salaam
Top 10 Form Four Students 2020 – Boys dominate the list
Unlike in 2019, boys dominate the top 10 list with Ilboru and Mzumbe as the only public schools to make entries into the top 10.
Cannosa Girls registered three students in the Top 10. Whereas, Mzumbe and Ilboru have two each with the other slots being shared by Panda Hill, Feza Boys, and St Jude Arusha.
The executive secretary named the best candidates in Form Four as;
1. Paul Cosmas Luziga (M) (Pandahill-Mbeya)
2. Justina Pius Gerald (F) (Canossa- Dar es Salaam)
3. Timothy Bartholomew Segu (M) (Mzumbe- Morogoro)
4. Isaya Charles Rukamya (M) (Feza Boys- Dar es Salaam)
5. Ashrafu Ramadhani Ally (M) (Ilboru- Arusha)
6. Samson Daimon Mwakabage (M) (Jude-Arusha)
7. Derick Robson Mushi (M) ( Ilboru-Arusha)
8. Layla Khalfan Atokwete (F) (Canossa- Dar es Salaam)
9. Innocent Dastan Joseph (M) (Mzumbe-Morogoro)
10. Lunargrace Greyson Celestine (F) (Canossa-Dar es Salaam)